The first phone call was made by Alexander Bell way back in 1876. Fast forward more than 100 years and 47% of smartphone users in the United States say that their smartphone is something they cannot live without. Here are 12 more interesting facts about phones and telecommunications:
- The first 911 system was introduced in the United States in 1968.
- A study in the UK revealed that 47% of all water-damaged mobile phones had been dropped in the toilet bowl.
- According to NASA your mobile phone has more computing power than the computers used for the Apollo 11 moon landing.
- In 2012 Apple sold roughly 340,000 iPhones per day!
- Nomophobia – the fear of being without your phone or losing your phone signal.
- Smartphones would not exist without 250,000 individual patents.
- Malaysia allows you to legally divorce your partner via text message.
- The first mobile phone call was made in 1973.
- The first phone book issued in 1878 was only 20 pages long.
- In 2014, the number of mobile phones in the world was greater than the number of people.
- Experiments with VoIP begin in 1973
- VOIPo is founded.
For more facts and our source click HERE, HERE & HERE.